There are all kinds of self improvement tips floating around – some are pretty common, some are ‘out in left field,’ and some are not so common. Here are 6 self improvement tips you want to use implement and enjoy the benefits.
1. Develop a new habit – Some ideas for developing a new habit are things like deciding to exercise, reading a new book, deciding to get up early each morning, learning how to meditate, quitting smoking, etc. The list is endless. A new habit should be something that’s going to improve you. Remember, it takes time for your new habit to feel natural so be patient.
2. Write a personal development blog – You can help others grow and self improve by sharing your journey with them. In addition, when you are blogging about your self improvement journey there are expectations place on you by your readers and you will feel the pressure to hold up your end. This will help you to be more successful. It’s a win-win for you and your readers.
3. Learn how to deal with difficult people – There are going to be difficult people in your life. You won’t always be able to avoid them so you need to learn how to deal with them. It will go a long way in giving you peace of mind. They will have minimal effect on you when you learn how to deal with them.
4. Stay away from negative people - Wherever you go, there are bound to be at least a few negative people. Avoid them whenever possible, because their negative attitude will drag you down and that’s not what you want. Instead, seek out those with a positive, upbeat attitude.
5. Take a lesson from your friends – Your friends have amazing qualities that you can tap into and learn from. Each of your friends and family are going to have unique qualities and if you are wise, you can learn a lot from them. Think about your good friends right now. What is just one quality each of them has that you would like to have. How can you learn this skill? Speak to them if you need to and ask them for their help.
6. Start a journal – Creating a journal is an excellent way to become more self-aware. It’s a process of self-reflection. As you write, you are clarifying your thoughts and you will gain more insights about yourself. You can create a private journal for your eyes only or you can blog it, which we already talked about.
These 6 self help tips are worth plugging into your day to day lives. You’ll be glad you did!